The purpose of the class is to assist the participants with the following concepts:
• To be able to more effectively express their own psychological identities through photography.
• To be able to better integrate the subjectivity that is involved in aesthetic photography with the science of photography
• To be able to analyse the aesthetics of a photograph. In particular, the issues of composition will be focused on as a prerequisite to producing quality imagery.
• To better understand the business of art photograph and what it entails
• To better understand the aesthetics of Roger Ballen in such a way that it can assist the class members to develop their own aesthetic style